Title: IT Director
Area of Specialization: Technology
Term: 6 Months
A major distribution company in Ohio had recently went through an acquisition process. With the acquisition there was a major effort toward reshaping the business. Considerable effort was placed on modernizing the business and upgrading the staff, overall.
The original term of this engagement was scheduled to be 24 - 36 months. A major overturn in staff and many unknowns when it came to the corporate technology platform necessitated the lengthy engagement. In the end we made significant progress in a short period and was able to limit the engagement to approximately 6 months.
Initial efforts at this organization saw extended downtime on a daily basis due, in large part, to hardware issues. Previously staffing IT with inexperienced and misrepresented staff largely complicated long term efforts. In lieu of fixing existing solutions the approach was to implement new solutions. Within 6 months we completed approximately 80% of the tasks identified. The decision was made to have a long term CIO / IT Director complete the remaining 20%. Although we finished significantly ahead of schedule we left the organization in a position to complete an entire Technology Overhaul in less than 12 months. Rare for an understaffed organization who ignored technology for almost 20 years.
Copyright © 2020 Appleridge Technical Services - All Rights Reserved.